Who is the course designed for?
PRINCE2® is a well-established project management methodology used in business and government. It provides a proven best practice model that helps ensure project delivery is on time, on budget, of high quality and meets customer requirements. The PRINCE2® Practitioner Course and Certification is a comprehensive 2-days intensive, instructor-led course designed to give participants an extended theoretical and practical knowledge of PRINCE2® and to prepare them for the PRINCE2® Practitioner Certificate exam. The training approach includes presentations, facilitated discussion, feedback and learning reviews with worked examples, mock exams and exam preparation is a two and a half hour multiple choice closed-book examination with 80 questions. Participants must achieve a 55% score to pass. Successful participants will be provided with PRINCE2® Certification and will appear on the PRINCE2® Successful Candidate Registers.
This course is aimed at:
- Project Managers
- Team Members
- Other project stakeholders who have already attained Foundation certification and wish to build on their existing knowledge and experience by extending their understanding of PRINCE2®; and
- Those who simply would like to know more about this widely used and recognized methodology.
What are the Learning Objectives?
On the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Have an in-depth understanding of all aspects of the PRINCE2® methodology;
- Effectively control the start, progress and closure of a project;
- Apply the methodology to deliver projects on time, within budget and to the specified business case;
- Integrate the PRINCE2® Principles and Themes into a project;
- Understand how to tailor PRINCE2®;
- Efficiently manage project progress.
It is mandatory to have passed the PRINCE2® Foundation or equivalent course in order to take the Practitioner exam. If you have taken a PRINCE2® course with a different organization then you will be obliged to present your certification and identification prior to sitting the Practitioner exam
This course is an instructor led in-class training course including presentations, facilitated discussion, feedback and learning reviews with worked examples, mock exams and exam preparation.
The final day of the course will include the PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam*. This exam, which will take place on the final day of the course, is a two and a half hour multiple choice closed-book examination with 80 questions. Participants must achieve a 55% score to pass. Successful participants will be provided with PRINCE2® Certification and will appear on the PRINCE2® Successful Candidate Registers.
The AXELOS logo, AXELOS swirl logo and PRINCE2® are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited.