COMPUTER BASICS FOUNDATION TRAINING
Knowledge of computers is essential in today’s world for personal and professional purposes. This fourlevel comprehensive course is designed for those with little knowledge and experience in using computers.
Computer Basic Foundation Training Course provides a deep understanding of the basic functions of a computer, including the use of basic applications and operating systems.
During this training course, participants will learn basic computing concepts and basic functions such as using file folders, keywords, the mouse, the Windows desktop, Paint, Task Manager, Calculator, Internet Explorer, WordPad, NotePad and more.
This foundation training course in computer basics is designed for easy learning and understanding. The participants learn and practice to develop the ability to use a computer effortlessly.
This extensive course allows a participant to develop basic skills in operating a computer to fulfill tasks.
After completing this course, participants will have learned to:
- Understand basic computing concepts
- Understand the difference between hardware and software, and how each works
- Understand how information networks operate
- Become aware of security concerns and how to work safely
- Use the keyboard, mouse, and Windows desktop
- Effectively manage and use files and folders
- Use the basic Windows applications, including WordPad, NotePad, Task Manager, Calculator, Paint,
and Internet Explorer
- Understand the functions of a computer
- Browse the Internet
- Download and save files
Lesson 0: Getting Started
- The Parking Lot
- Workshop Objectives
- Action Plans & Evaluations
Lesson 1: General Concepts
- Basic Terms
- Types of Computers
- Anatomy of a PC
- How a PC Works
Lesson 2: Hardware Devices
- CPU and Memory
- Input Devices
- Output Devices
- Secondary Storage Devices
Lesson 3: Software
- The Basics
- Operating Systems and Applications
- How is Software Built?
- Types of Software
- Legal Issues